Le symposium sur les tests cliniques et précliniques
Tuesday, August 31, 2021Sector

Clariant acquires 100% of Beraca

Clariant acquiert la totalité de Beraca

After taking a 30% stake in 2015, Clariant has just announced that it has acquired the remaining 70% of Beraca. The Swiss specialty chemicals group thus takes full control of the Brazilian supplier of natural cosmetic ingredients and operational management of its extensive portfolio, to, it says, supporting growing customer demand for sustainable and ethically sourced materials.

Reading time
~ 2 minutes

Clariant International Ltd. press release

Clariant, a focused, sustainable and innovative specialty chemicals company, has signed an agreement to acquire the remaining 70% in Brazilian Personal Care Specialties company Beraca from the founding Sabará family. Clariant has held a 30% stake in the company since 2015. The purchase price will not be disclosed. The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in Q4 2021.

Beraca is one of the key manufacturers of natural ingredients for the personal care sector offering inter alia fats, oils and botanicals, which are all collected and extracted in an environmentally sustainable production process. Located in the Amazon region, Beraca promotes the development of communities, making them part of the Personal Care business on a global scale while simultaneously being strongly committed to sustainability and fair trade processes. In more than 30 years since its foundation, Beraca has received several awards and recognition from customers and institutions as a leading company in ethical sourcing aspects for Personal Care ingredients. Since 2015, Beraca has invested significant resources in expanding research and innovation and has steadily increased production capacity. With around 90 employees, the family-run company generated sales of USD 15 million in 2020. …

This content is only available to subscribersPREMIUM, PRO, STARTUPandTPE

Already subscribed?Log in

Discover our subscriptions

Best ingredient innovation of 2022

SectorOther articles