You may have them in your cupboards. Maybe, you use them, still. Beware: they are dangerous, illegal, harmful… and are the subject of a recall or ban by the European sanitary authorities. Underneath, you may find all the cosmetic products targeted by the RAPEX alert system this week: bath products that can be confused with foodstuffs and hair oil containing prohibited preservatives.
Brand: Unknown Name: Creamers Muffinka Do kapieli
• Chocolate Dream
• Confetty Muffin
• Fresh Morning
• Happy Flower
• Pink Hearts
• Strawberry Kiss
• Sunny Butterfly
• Sunny Cream
• Chocolate Dream: 8-0130 • Confetty Muffin: 8-0115 • Fresh Morning: 8-0202 • Happy Flower: 8-0202 • Pink Hearts: 8-0122
• Strawberry Kiss: 8-0131
• Sunny Butterfly: 8-0202 • Sunny Cream: 8-0130
• Chocolate Dream: 5901638416575
• Confetty Muffin: 5901638413963
• Fresh Morning: 5901638413123 • Happy Flower: 5901638414045 • Pink Hearts: 5901638412850 • Strawberry Kiss: 5901638412836 • Sunny Butterfly: 5901638414038 • Sunny Cream: 5901638413956
• Country of origin: Poland
• Notifying country: Latvia
Danger: Due to its characteristic form, appearance, colour and size, these products may be mistaken for a foodstuff and small parts can be easily detached from it.
This may lead consumers, and specially children, to put them in the mouth and ingest them, which could entail the risk of choking.
The products do not comply with the Cosmetic Products Regulation and the requirements of the Food imitating Products Directive.
Measures ordered by public authorities (to distributor): Ban on the marketing of the product and any accompanying measures
Moisturizing hair oil
Name: Hair Oil Moisturiser
Type: Model with olive, arnica and rosemary oils
Barcode: 6 001374 016080
Batch number: 693787
• Country of origin: South Africa
• Notifying country: France
Danger : The product contains a mixture of the preservatives methylchloroisothiazolinone (MCI) and methylisothiazolinone (MI). MI and MCI are sensitising agents and can provoke allergic contact dermatitis to sensitised persons.
The product does not comply with the Cosmetic Products Regulation.
Measures taken by economic operators: Recall of the product from end users (by importer)
• Rapid Alert System - Weekly Reports, Commission européenne, 08/02/2019.
© 2019 – CosmeticOBS