Add to my portfolio
pro subscription only feature
see our subscription plans
- INCI Name
- CI 19140
- English name
- CI 19140
- CAS No.
- CE No.
- Colorant (Yellow)
Cosmetics Regulation 1223/2009, Annex IV/44 (Colorants)
Colour index Number/Name of Common Ingredients Glossary
• Purity criteria as set out in Commission Directive 95/45/EC* (E171)
*Repealed by Directive 2008/128, itself repealed by Regulation231/2012
> Water insoluble matter: Not more than 0.2%
> Subsidiary colouring matters: Not more than 1.0%
> Organic compounds other than colouring matters (4-hydrazinobenzene sulfonic acid, 4-aminobenzene-1-sulfonic acid, 5-oxo-1-(4-sulfophenyl)-2-pyrazoline-3-carboxylic acid, 4,4′-diazoaminodi(benzene sulfonic acid, tetrahydroxysuccinic acid): Total not more than 0.5%
> Unsulfonated primary aromatic amines: Not more than 0.01% (calculated as aniline)
> Ether extractable matter: Not more than 0.2% under neutral conditions
> Arsenic: Not more than 3 mg/kg
> Lead: Not more than 2 mg/kg
> Mercury: Not more than 1 mg/kg
> Cadmium: Not more than 1 mg/kg
• For use as a cosmetic colorant, must be declared under the INCI name: CI 19140
• For use as a hair dye, must be declared under the INCI name: Acid Yellow 23
• Certified batches of this colorant must be declared under the INCI name: FD&C Yellow No.5.
• Batches of Yellow 5 salt applied to an appropriate substrate in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations must be reported under the name: FD&C Yellow No.5 Lake.
• Must be reported under the INCI name: Ki4.