Add to my portfolio
pro subscription only feature
see our subscription plans
- INCI Name
- CI 75470
- English name
- CAS No.
- 1260-17-9 / 1328-60-5 / 1343-78-8 / 1390-65-4
- CE No.
- 215-023-3 / 215-527-3 / 215-680-6 / 215-724-4
- Colorant (Red)
Red colorant which may be used in all types of cosmetic products.
• May be used in Europe as food additive (E120). Must comply purity criteria as set out in European Commission Directive 95/45/EC.
• To identify the colorant allowed for use in European Union, the INCI name CI CI 75470 must be used.
• To identify the colorant meeting the requirements for labelling purposes in the US, the INCI name Carmine must be used.
• From January 5th 2011, it has to come with a mention indicating its presence on the packaging, for example : "Contains carmine as a color additive".