MANAGER OF THE SAFETY ASSESMENT DEPARTMENT - BIORIUS
Was established in 2008 and is a Belgian company specialized in the safety assessment of non-food consumer products which includes (but is not limited to) cosmetic products, room fragrances, food supplements and toys. At the intersection between science and regulatory affairs, BIORIUS’ core business consists in supporting its clients to comply with the legal requirements of various regions and therefore to facilitate the placing on the market of their consumer products. Operating on a global scale, BIORIUS is leader in the safety assessment of cosmetics in Europe which comprises all services ranging from the formula review to the legal representation. Mainly active in the cosmetics industry, with more than 10,000 products notified and represented, BIORIUS has recently extended its expertise to other product types and regulatory frameworks. BIORIUS is also more and more active in the safety assessment of substances and cosmetic ingredients in particular, a business line that requires higher levels of scientific know-how and expert judgment.
BIORIUS searches for a (M/W):
MANAGER OF THE SAFETY ASSESMENT DEPARTMENT
Safety is a key aspect of the cosmetics legislation in Europe and the Manager of the Safety Assessment Department carries responsibilities that demand a high level of professional conduct. The Manager of the Safety Assessment Department supervises the scientific developments of the company and, amongst other tasks, signs the Cosmetic Product Safety Reports (CPSR Part B), works on toxicology-related issues, and oversees the work done by the collaborators. This highly skilled profile has the authority on safety questions, manages the team of Safety Assessors and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The safety assessment is a complicated task that requires a special ability to integrate complex scientific findings and summarize them in clear and well-thought conclusions, which implies a great sense of analysis, expert judgment and a real taste for perfectionism. Beyond science, the Manager of the Safety Assessment Department should ideally understand the basis of the European Cosmetics Regulation. This position implies to always keep in mind the quality of BIORIUS services and the satisfaction of BIORIUS clients.
Beyond the required technical competences and experience, the Manager of the Safety Assessment Department should have good communication skills and be able to easily interact with BIORIUS clients or any audiences considered as relevant. Conference calls with the clients to explain issues in a non- conflicting way is part of the daily life of the Manager of the Safety Assessment Department. Finding workarounds and creative solutions with the Chief Operating Officer and the Account Management Department is part of the responsibilities of this position.
- You will be accountable for managing/supervising questions related to safety and science in general and ensuring that the Safety Assessors work according to the best practices.
- You will build effective relationships with the Account Management and Sales departments to address clients/prospects’ technical questions and expectations.
- You will resolve complex issues where skills in regulatory toxicology are needed. You have a good sense of empathy and will always look for solutions to assist the clients.
- A good understanding of regulatory affairs (in the field of cosmetic regulation) is a plus.
- The successful applicant will hold a Ph.D. in toxicology, pharmacy, biomedical science, biochemistry or related.
- A few years of experience of team management is preferred. A few years of experience in the practice of regulatory toxicology is definitely regarded as a plus.
- The successful applicant should have an excellent command (written and spoken) of English. Skills in another language will be regarded as a precious asset.
- The successful applicant will work and learn fast, have a good sense of priorities and organization, be flexible to react promptly in all situations, and to work in team or independently.
- Full-time position (CDI) in our headquarter of Manage (Belgium)
- A competitive salary to be negotiated depending on your experience
- A company car with fuel card (for professional and private use)
- Lunch vouchers (5 € / worked day) and eco-vouchers (250 € / year)
- Company mobile phone with subscription for professional and private use
- Laptop for professional and private use + Home landline and internet reimbursed (50 € / month)
- Full DKV hospitalization insurance
- Possibilities of teleworking (1 day a week)
Interested candidates should send their CV and application letter to Ms. Catherine Lhoir (email@example.com). Candidatures are examined as they flow.