Logo representing the commitment of the brand which places it on its products against biopiracy.
Biopiracy involves the appropriation by some institutions (laboratories, universities or companies) of traditional knowledge, biodiversity and resources of indigenous peoples without their permission, such as patents.
This logo, which does not have the status of a label, was created by
the brand Aïny
to represent its commitment against these types of processes, including:
• respecting the rules of fair trade in its relations with producers,
• requesting permission to indigenous organizations working on their territories and their plants,
• donating 4% of its revenues to finance projects of cultural preservation and biodiversity,
• not filing of patents relating to plants,
• accepting the control of its field activities through Aboriginal representative organizations.